Come spend a day or a week at the Cultivate Hope Urban Farm near downtown Cedar Rapids!
Youth completing Kindergarten-8th grade are invited to explore local foods at Matthew 25′s Urban Farm in Cedar Rapids through three series of Food Camps. FOOD EXPLORERS, FOOD DETECTIVES, AND FOOD CREATORS.
Food Explorers get so spend a day learning about food through nature exploration, outdoor crafts, and meaningful scavenger hunts.
Food Detectives will better understand the relationship between growing food and how it gets to their plate through an introductory lesson of the food system.
Food Creators will compete against other teams to create the most delicious food concoction with a recipe and hidden ingredients around the farm!
For more information and to register, click the links below!
2017 FOOD CAMPS
Food Explorers K-2nd graders| 8:30-4:30 pm| $20| June 16, July 19 or August 8
- Session 1: June 16 *For more information and to register CLICK HERE
- Session 2: July 19 *For more information and to register CLICK HERE
- Session 3: August 8 *For more information and to register CLICK HERE
Food Detectives 3rd-5th graders| 8:30-4:300 pm| $160| June 19-22 (week-long)
- For more information and to register CLICK HERE
Food Creators 6th, 7th, 8th graders| 9:00-1 pm| $40| June 30 and August 18th
- Session 1: June 30 *For more information and to register CLICK HERE
- Session 2: August 18 *For more information and to register CLICK HERE
*Optional extended day available when registering above.
Scholarships available for all Food Camps!
Several community organizations are funding scholarships to help all of the Food Camps this summer. If interested, please contact Tess Romanski at firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
For more information Contact Tess Romanski, Youth Education Coordinator at email@example.com.