Spend your summer working on an urban farm, volunteering in the community, and developing job skills. The program is open to students 14 to 17 years old.
Applications have now closed for the 2019 Cultivate Hope Youth Development Program.
More Than a Summer Job
When you join Cultivate Hope Youth Development Program, you’ll earn money ($8.25 per hour!), but you’ll gain more than that. This isn’t a typical high school summer job. You can expect to:
- Improve your communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Work with staff who help you set and reach personal goals
- Learn about the food system and food-related social justice issues
- Gain new perspectives on community service, food justice, diversity, and more
- Make new friends
Work on an Urban Farm
Connect with the land and grow organic produce while working on the Cultivate Hope Urban Farm (437 G Ave NW). Enjoy spending time outdoors while being active in the garden.
Serve Your Community
Spend one day each week at a hunger-relief organization. You’ll prepare or distribute food, depending on the organization’s needs.
2019 Program Dates
June 24 to August 8, 2019
Monday through Thursday
8:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Casual Dress Code
As a member of the Cultivate Hope Youth Development program, you’ll wear:
- Cultivate Hope T-shirt (provided by us)
- Closed-toe shoes
Applications are now closed for the 2019 program. Check back early next year to apply for the 2020 Cultivate Hope Youth Development Program.
If you have questions, email Laura Greig or call 319-362-2214, Ext. 115.