The Cultivate Hope Community Gardens program connects gardeners and small-scale farmers with resources to grow food and build community bonds
Why Provide Gardening Space?
There are many people in our community who would like to grow their own food but don’t have easy access to gardening plots or farm land. In particular, many African immigrants grew up in rural villages and grew their own food before coming to Cedar Rapids. Some now live in apartments and don’t have their own land to grow food.
When these community members gain access to land, they can:
- Grow healthy food for their families
- Grow food that reminds them of their native land
- Start food-related businesses
How much does it cost?
- 20′ x 20′ plot on the Cultivate Hope Urban Farm is $50 for the 2022 season
- 50′ x 50′ plot on the Cedar Hills Community Church land is $50 for the 2022 season