Let your kids play with their food this summer. Sign up for a food camp at Matthew 25’s headquarters or urban farm in southwest Cedar Rapids.
My kids really enjoyed the camp last year. They loved that they were able to sample vegetables they had not had the chance to try yet.” –Julie Wegmann, Cedar Rapids
Food Detectives (Grades 3-5)
Monday, June 6-Thursday, June 9, 9 am-4 pm
Did you know your food doesn’t come from the supermarket? During this four-day Food Detectives Camp, your child will:
- Learn about how farms grow food that gets to our plates
- Understand why pollinators are important for our food
- Do educational activities and crafts
- Take field trips to local nature-centered destinations
- Harvest, wash, and use produce from the urban farm to make snacks
Food Detectives will leave camp having answers as to how food gets to their plate!
Note: If these camp dates fill up, please email Matt McGrane at email@example.com to be placed on the waitlist for a possible second week of Food Detectives camp.
$120 Registration Fee
Includes a T-shirt, snacks, and field trip transportation. You’ll need to bring a sack lunch Monday through Wednesday.
Registration is closed for the 2022 Food Camps season.