Let your kids play with their food this summer. Sign up for a food camp at Matthew 25’s headquarters or urban farm in southwest Cedar Rapids.
My kids really enjoyed the camp last year. They loved that they were able to sample vegetables they had not had the chance to try yet.” –Julie Wegmann, Cedar Rapids
Food Explorers (Grades K-2)
June 17, 8:30 am – 4 pm
Do your kids love getting their hands dirty and experimenting outside? During this one-day Food Explorers Camp, your child will:
- Learn about food through nature exploration, outdoor crafts, and scavenger hunts
- Explore how food is grown
- Make healthy snacks using organic veggies from the farm
$20 before April 30, $25 after.
Includes a T-shirt and snack. You’ll need to bring a sack lunch.
To register your child for Food Explorers on June 17, click here.
Food Detectives (Grades 3-5)
This year’s Food Detectives camp has been canceled. Please stay tuned for dates for 2021!
Did you know your food doesn’t come from the supermarket? During this four-day Food Detectives Camp, your child will:
- Learn about how food is grown and gets to his or her plate
- Take field trips
- Create snacks and a lunch using farm-fresh, organic produce.
Food Detectives will leave camp having answers as to how food gets to their plate!
Food Creators (Grades 6-8)
This year’s Food Creators camp has been canceled. Please stay tuned for dates for 2021!
Put on your chef’s hat and get creative! During this half-day camp, your middle schooler will:
- Learn cooking skills
- Receive a recipe
- Find hidden ingredients around the farm
- Compete to make the most delicious dish – the most creative, timely, AND delicious food creation wins!