When you donate your time and talents to Matthew 25, you help us make Cedar Rapids an even better place to live. Join us in empowering people to transform neighborhoods through food, housing, and education.
If you’d like to help with derecho recovery, please check our Facebook page for our current volunteer opportunities. If you’re available between August 31 – September 4, consider signing up for our Transform Week when we will be doing a blitz of derecho recovery projects.
If you’re interested specifically in volunteering for our Transform program, August 31 – September 4 or October 13 – 17, please complete our Transform registration form.
Find a volunteer opportunity that fits your interests, abilities, and availability:
- Transform – Join a week devoted to home repair and neighborhood projects
- Urban Farm – Plant, harvest, do maintenance work, work at a farmers market
- Tool Library – Fix donated tools, help teach workshops
- Groundswell Cafe – Food prep, taking orders, cashier, hospitality, busing tables/washing dishes
- Groundswell Events – Run sound or lighting, take tickets, conduct concessions sales
- Housing – Paint, deconstruct, clean out, rehab, build
- Book Buddies – Read with a first-grader
- Office – Answer phones, assist with mailings or administrative duties
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Ask us about opportunities for your community organization, church group, or company to volunteer together at a Matthew 25 program or event.
Become a Volunteer
To become a regular volunteer, please complete and submit our volunteer inquiry form.
Transform Week volunteers: Please complete our Transform registration form.
Questions? Contact us for more information.